http://thorinus.blogspot.com

thorinus.blogspot.com translate world flags

Do Christians pay ? - what the bible says.

Christians- do they pay there bills?
The manipulative? religion.
 At times  it seems as if when you work for some of those Christians-you know the one's I mean.

They seem to think of every verse in the bible to justify not paying you.


Tired of this manipulation I found a few verses to empower you






In random order:-

Nehemiah 5:11 
Return to them this very day their fields, their vineyards, their olive orchards, and their houses, and the percentage of money, grain, wine, and oil that you have been exacting from them.

 

Ezra 3:7   

So they gave money to the masons and the carpenters, and food, drink, and oil to the Sidonians and the Tyrians to bring cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea, to Joppa, according to the grant that they had from Cyrus king of Persia.

 

Chronicles 21:25

So David paid Ornan 600 shekels of gold by weight for the site.

 

Genesis 13:2

Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.

 

Kings 12:7-16

Therefore King Jehoash summoned Jehoiada the priest and the other priests and said to them, “Why are you not repairing the house? Now therefore take no more money from your donors, but hand it over for the repair of the house.” So the priests agreed that they should take no more money from the people, and that they should not repair the house. Then Jehoiada the priest took a chest and bored a hole in the lid of it and set it beside the altar on the right side as one entered the house of the Lord. And the priests who guarded the threshold put in it all the money that was brought into the house of the Lord. And whenever they saw that there was much money in the chest, the king's secretary and the high priest came up and they bagged and counted the money that was found in the house of the Lord. Then they would give the money that was weighed out into the hands of the workmen who had the oversight of the house of the Lord. And they paid it out to the carpenters and the builders who worked on the house of the Lord, ...

 

Luke 22:5

And they were glad, and agreed to give him money.

 

Lamentations 5:4 

We must pay for the water we drink; the wood we get must be bought.

 

Ecclesiastes 10:18-19 

Through sloth the roof sinks in, and through indolence the house leaks. Bread is made for laughter, and wine gladdens life, and money answers everything.

 

Proverbs 21:20 

Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.

 

Ezekiel 28:4 

By your wisdom and your understanding you have made wealth for yourself, and have gathered gold and silver into your treasuries;

 

Ecclesiastes 10:19

Bread is made for laughter, and wine gladdens life, and money answers everything.

There are others- yet these seem the most useful, being most recognized.

---------------------------------------------------------

A true story

I was employed by a Christian couple to do a job. They enthused over it, and said how much everyone in their church loved it. So of course I sent them an invoice.

Seven days later-(standard payment terms)= no cheque, no word.
I was busy so I left it, trusting in christian honesty to prevail.

Two months later I still hadn’t been paid. I prayed- and not being a prayer type person-my words might not have been the politest.

I relaxed for the day, and phoned them that night. On speaker phone they both were still complimentary of the results- saying sorry, things have been happening at church.We are very sorry, we have used the money for donations.

My thoughts were not very christian-like at that point.

I took a deep breath, and quietly said-":you know I have been praying a lot lately"
They commended me for this, and asked how was it going?

I replied,"you know God has been giving me messages"

"Oh" they said;-

 I carried on- "you know, last night he came to me and said..in Zechariah 11:12
 'If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them. And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver.', and this one too-- Leviticus 19:13
'You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired worker shall not remain with you all night until the morning.'
..........and you know God said you would pay me. "

They sent me a check, I banked it that same week. 


A few lessons here- 1: the good book can say what ever you want it to say;- depending on your excerpts and applications  2; Being considerate of peoples identity, you can use their beliefs to help you both get what you want. 3;Be proactive to get the results you want


 pic courtesy of  www.publicdomainpictures.net
 bible excerpts courtesy of  www.openbible.info